Week 9 is a wrap, and we have the 5 things we learned here at Swickass.
1. Last week in my 5 Things from Week 8 I called the Jets defeating the Saints, due to their odd and even season. The Jets have won all of their odd number games this year, and lost all of their even number games. And it continued Sunday as they defeated the New Orleans Saints 26-20. Geno Smith went 8-19 for 115 yards with no INTS, and the Jets running attack got going as Chris Ivory rushed for 139 yards on 18 carries and a touchdown against his former team. The Jets have a bye week this Sunday, but you can pencil them in to win next Sunday at Buffalo.
2. If you thought Peyton Manning was going to be the only QB this season to throw for seven touchdowns in a game you were wrong. As Nick Foles became the seventh quarterback in NFL to throw for seven tds in a game as the Eagles annihilated the Raiders 49-20. Foles had a crazy stat line as he went 22/28 for 406 yards to go with those 7 touchdowns and he had no INTS. Remember Foles had a great game against the Bucs earlier this year, and followed it up with a awful game against the Cowboys the following week. Lets hope Foles remains hot when the Eagles take on the Packers this weekend.
3. Don’t look now, but we had a CJ2k citing over the weekend as Chris Johnson exploded for 150 yards to go with two touchdowns on 23 carries. As the Titans defeated the Rams 28-21. CJ wasn’t the only running back that feasted on Sunday, as St. Louis Rams rookie sensation Zac Stacy rushed for 127 yards on 27carries to go with 2 touchdowns. Lets see if CJ keeps it up this week against Jacksonville.
4. Tom Brady looks like he got back into his groove as the Patriots defeated the Steelers 55-31. Brady 22-33 for 432 yards for 4 tds. Brady will only get better as the games get more meaningful.
5. Bears get a huge win on Monday night. In a game where the Bears weren’t favored to win by many experts. But they got the job done as they defeated the Packers 27-20. Aaron Rodgers left the game early in the 1st quarter with a shoulder injury. Then it turned into the backup bowl. As the Bears were already without starting QB Jay Cutler who’s nursing a groining injury. They got a big boost from backup QB Josh McCown and star running back Matt Forte. McCown went 22-41 for 272 yards and 2 touchdowns, while Forte rushed for 125 yards and scored one td. Aaron Rodgers found out later that he had fractured collarbone which is expected to sideline him for 4-6 weeks. Lets see if Seneca Wallace can carry the Packers for the next several weeks as Rodgers recovers. We hope Rodgers has a speedy recovery.