Top 5 Things We Learned From Week 2 Of The NFL
1. EJ Manuel looks like a star quarterback. Buffalo Bills look like they finally got it right by selecting Manuel in the 2013 NFL draft with the 16th pick overall. Manuel has looked great early on in his short NFL career leading the Bills to a nine play 80 yard drive to defeat the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. If this was just a taste of Manuels potential Bills fans should have a lot to cheer about for several years.
2. Aaron Rodgers is by far the best NFL quarterback on the planet. Rodgers torched the Washington Redskins on Sunday going 34-42 for 480 yards with 3 touchdowns. Rodgers made it look like he was playing a quick game of seven on seven with his receivers against the Redskins secondary. Look for Rodgers to have another fantastic season.
3. Jay Cutler is showing he’s in need of a payday. Bears fans had another game that went to the wire on Sunday and once again Jay Cutler stepped up and lead the Bears down the field to win the game. On the final drive Cutler went 7-9 passing and lead the Bears 76 yards down the field to beat the Vikings 31-30. If the Bears were smart they’ll pay Cutler soon. They don’t want to be in the same situation the Baltimore Ravens were in last years, and we all know how that turned out.
4. When the Seahawks are at home they’re impossible to beat. With the help of the 12th man the Seahawks manhandled the 49ers on Sunday night 29-3. Colin Kaepernick looked like a shell of himself managing just 127yards through the air with three interceptions. Richard Sherman shut down Anquan Boldin after Boldin was unstoppable last week vs the Packers. Look for the 49ers to seek revenge when they matchup with the Seahawks again on December 14th.
5. Although the Patriots are 2-0 Tom Brady needs some help on offense. Tom Brady is in a tough position with the Gronk injured, Danny Amedola injured, and Aaron Hernandez in jail. If you’re a receiver and can run routes correctly you should attempt to tryout for the Patriots. Maybe it’s time for the Patriots to kick the tires on Terrell Owens or even Ocho Cinco. Ok I was kidding about Ocho Cinco, but you get what I’m saying